- Derek’s Yipee Challenge Quiz- Sanjna Kartik of Class 7B, Dishita Swaika of 6C and Vaishnav Sekharan of 5B participated in the City round of Derek’s Yipee Challenge Quiz and emerged winners. They won a Trophy for the school along with a Gold medal and gift coupon worth Rs. 1500 each. They also participated in the written semifinal round, the results of which are awaited. Success in this will help them qualify for the National Round.
- Bhumika Srihari of std X participated in the ICSE Lawn Tennis Tournament conducted by Sarla Birla Academy on 1st and 2nd of August 14. She secured runner up position in junior category and is qualified for national level meet to be held during November, 2014.
- Gopalan International School organized inter- school tournaments in swimming, lawn tennis and badminton for both junior and senior category. Sishugriha school was declared overall champion for Badminton having earned 31 points.
- Shounak Srivatsava of std X stood as a school topper in Times NIE Think and Learn Challenge, conducted by Byjus and he won a Samsung Tab as a reward for the same.
- Srijika Bhattacharya of std X was awarded the Times NIE Star Correspondent Award (2013-14) at Times NIE News Makers Meet, in recognition for her literary skills and her contribution towards TOI Student Edition.
- The saga of success continues at Sishugriha. Sishugriha takes pride in their batch of 2014 tenth graders for their outstanding performance in the ICSE Board Examination. Students have put forward their finest efforts under the guidance of dedicated teachers and supportive parents. Thirty four students secured above 90% . The stalwart performers are as seen below.
1. 1st Position Abhijith Venugopal – 96.67%
2. 1st Position Malini Rao – 96.67%
3. 2nd Position S. Vibha – 96.33%
4. 3rd Position Srinidhi Venkatesh – 96.00%
- Sishu Griha Wins Broadcom Award Again! It is a proud moment as Ram Mannath and Aishwarya Nambiar of class 7 are two of the three students selected nationwide for the Broadcom MASTERS International Week, Los Angeles held in the month of May, 2014. Our students had presented their Research Project on, “Quest for Biodegradable Alternative for Disposable Paper Cups coated with Wax/Plastic” at IRIS- 2013 National Fair.
- Parangjothi C. and Sameeksha Shetty of class 10 have qualified for the final round of the Times NIE Think and Learn Challenge organized by Times of India in association with Byju’s Classes to identify the Aptitude Wizards of Bangalore. These students will battle out for top honours in final round on Wednesday, 29th January.